Microsoft announces Skype Qik group video messaging app
Microsoft is making a play for mobile video messaging with Skype Qik, its new group messaging app available for Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
Kik, the original streaming app acquired by Microsoft several years ago, has been rolled into the new Skype Qik app to compete with the likes of Snapchat, Instagram, FaceTime and even Skype. The app has no chat or pictures, just video messages. Users can send video messages of up to 42 seconds to one or more recipients, or send a pre-recorded 5-second Qik Flik response message to a video. Each video disappears after two weeks, and each sent video has individual privacy settings.
More information about Skype Qik is available in the Skype blog post.
AngularJS 1.3 ‘superluminal-nudge’ released
The biggest features added in AngularJS 1.3 include:
- One-time bindings : By prefixing an expression with “::”, it will only be interpolated once, and then no longer watched.
- ngAria : A new module that helps make custom components in Angular more accessible by default
- ngMessages : A new directive simplifying writing and coordinating feedback on form validity
- ngModelOptions : A directive to customize the behavior of bound models. For instance: debouncing, getter-setter-style models, update-on-blur, and more.
- Strict DI: An option for finding places in your application that will not minify due to use of short-hand DI syntax
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 now generally available
Red Hat has released the final version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6, its enterprise infrastructure platform for the open-source Linux operating system.