Perforce Software announced today the availability of Perforce Chronicle, the company’s new Web Content Management System (WCMS), introducing powerful new capabilities for website development and management. By combining enterprise-class version management with a user-friendly WYSIWYG editor, Perforce Chronicle significantly improves web team collaboration, productivity and accuracy.
“Web content management systems must enable greater business agility,” said Mick MacComascaigh, Research VP, Gartner Inc. “They must empower the business professionals responsible for website effectiveness to play a more active role in producing the ever-increasing volume of content. The ability to extend the pool of site contributors without complicating workflows or compromising the consistency or accuracy of the site will be a leading consideration in the WCMS market.”
A Versioning-Driven Approach
Chronicle’s versioning technology makes web managers more productive by helping them manage the constant flow of website change—site functionality, workflows, content, new projects and teams, permissions, site configurations and more. Chronicle automates many of the formerly time-consuming manual tasks associated with moving content from development to staging to production, and raises productivity by enabling parallel site updates without conflict.
“Despite the many WCM solutions on the market, costly collaboration and deployment challenges have persisted,” said Dr. Sunit Gala, CEO of Blisstering Solutions, a leading provider of content management solutions and services. “Perforce was the first to recognize that these collaboration and site management issues are directly solved through version control, an area in which the company has significant expertise. With its new Chronicle product, Perforce has delivered a solution that not only raises productivity and promotes teamwork, but also eliminates common systemic and human errors resulting from inadequate version management.”
Fewer Website Errors and Inconsistencies
Chronicle significantly reduces errors by providing the ability to compare and deploy web pages and content. This improves accuracy and site-wide consistency, and enables web managers to confidentlyextend branches of the site to additional contributors. Chronicle also meets corporate requirements for compliance by protecting and automatically backing up site content.
· Create New Environments Easily: Create an unlimited number of development, test, and staging areas for any contributors, projects or teams.
· Streamlined Workflow: Customizable workflow allows users to configure steps of approval for publishing content. Assign custom workflows by page type, project or team.
· Accurate Content Merge: Chronicle makes it simple to reconcile changes back into live site content, error-free.
· Compare Versions at a Glance: A powerful compare feature lets users see the differences between versions of content in threedifferent modes: HTML source, side-by-side and overlay view.
· Schedule Updates: Roll forward or backward any scheduled updates and announcements, user access, or other administrative functions.
· In-Place Editing: Edit with a full-featured WYSYIWYG editor, in context and inline.
· Roles and Access Control: Granular control over access to various operations within the WCMS, including assigning required roles to workflow steps.
· Add Modules: A full complement of plug-ins and extensions using the familiar ORM-like development model of Perforce Records.
Benefits of Chronicle:
· Higher Productivity: It’s easy to create new environments for staging and development quickly and without error. Moving content from staging to production is faster than ever.
· Fewer Website Errors: Merge new content with the live site without mistakes.
· Collaboration without Conflict: Chronicle makes it easy to add new contributors and teams—for both internal and external staff—without creating content chaos.
· Greater Compliance, Fewer Uncertainties: Well-defined workflows with accountable approval stages and rollback abilities to document compliance.
“Web teams are hindered by time-consuming staging and deployment processes and errors that result from the having to keep track of content iterations on dev, staging and live environments,” said Furkhan Khan, Director of Product Marketing for Perforce Software. “We’re able to address these issues by taking a versioning-first approach. We have a rich history of solving collaboration problems for global software development teams and now we’re bringing our expertise in this area to web teams.”
Proven Support for Enterprise Requirements
The world’s most innovative companies and recognized brands trust Perforce to manage their digital assets—from intellectual property to business documents. In fact, more than 400,000 users across 5,500 businesses rely on Perforce for enterprise version management. Chronicle users have access to Perforce’s technical support teams, recognized worldwide for their responsiveness and expertise.
Availability & Pricing
Perforce Chronicle is now available, and a 14-day trial evaluation in the cloud is free from perforcechronicle.com. Chronicle is priced at $10,000 per server annually. A community edition of Chronicle is also available. It is free for up to 20 users and 1,000 files. For additional price and license information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.