Google has announced the release of its Cloud Security Scanner into beta. The new tool is designed to help developers scan for two common vulnerabilities: cross-site scripting and mixed content. According to the company, there was a need for the scanner because other security scanners are often hard to set up, not well suited for Google App Engine developers and built for security professionals instead of developers.
More information is available here.
Yahoo announces new mobile developer suite
Yahoo’s first mobile developer conference has kicked off with the launch of a new mobile development suite to help developers analyze, advertise, monetize and enhance their mobile apps.
The mobile suite features:
- Flurry analytics with explorer: Flurry now includes an easy-to-use data exploration interface for developers to leverage their code.
- Yahoo app publishing: Allows developers to deploy high-quality native, video and display adds.
- Yahoo app marketing: developers can buy targeted native and video ads.
- Yahoo search in apps: Simplifies the process of integrating Yahoo search into mobile apps.
- Flurry pulse: Provides the ability to share app signals with partners.
io.js 1.3 released