Syncfusion, Inc., the developer solutions company of choice, today announced a major update to the Syncfusion Big Data Platform, the one and only Hadoop distribution designed and optimized for Windows. Developers can now create, manage, and monitor multiple-node Hadoop clusters on Windows through end-to-end, point-and-click cluster management. The platform can run jobs written in any language, including C#, Java, Pig, Hive, Python, and Scala.
“We have fine-tuned the entire Big Data Platform experience, from the download to the end result,” said Daniel Jebaraj, vice president of Syncfusion. “It is still completely free, and typically installs in less than 15 minutes (for a starter cluster) with absolutely no manual configuration. Developers can start with either a 5- or 10-node cluster, and scale as they need in order to grow their business. Between the platform’s updates, capabilities, and support options, developers will be able to take their work further than ever.”
Created to provide software commonly required for collecting, managing, and querying large stores of data, the Syncfusion Big Data Platform includes a complete production environment that can run Hadoop jobs in a scalable manner on a full cluster. Clusters can be created using commodity machines running the most recent versions of Windows, including Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and later.
Additional features include:
- Free commercial support for clusters with up to 5 nodes.
- Optional paid support with SLA for larger clusters.
- Unlimited personal commercial support for Syncfusion Plus members.
- An extensive set of C# samples that demonstrate use under different scenarios.
- A unique, local, single-node distribution of Hadoop, complete with an interactive development environment and no dependencies outside the .NET framework makes it easy to develop and test solutions prior to deployment.